Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You haven't seen television until you have seen Firefly

Thanks for the article from Quinton Wynn

Most women I know automatically dismiss science fiction television shows solely because they feature things like space and laser guns and aliens. However, they are missing out! That is the only way to say it. Some of the best television of the past decade has been science fiction. Today I felt like watching one of my long-time favorites ; Firefly.

Firefly is what is known as a space-western. Featuring spaceships and guns with a cowboy aesthetic. When they aren't flying around in ships visiting other planets they are riding on horseback brandishing old school rifles and revolvers. This is exactly my cup of tea. They call fans of the show "browncoats" thanks to the iconic brown coats worn by the members of the Firefly crew.

The show is about a group of bandits who take on missions for money. Think of it similar to Robin Hood set in space. You get really into the characters lives, and the Firefly ship is constantly getting strange passengers on board. Think of things like preachers, prostitutes, and escaped government projects.

I watch all of this Tuesday nights on my http://www.tvbydirect.com. It's my favorite moment of the week. Watching the crew work together just makes my heart warm. There will never be another show that I connect with like Firefly. It is everything I'm looking for in a television show.

No comments: